G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack Review
Is the G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack worth buying? This review reveals its features, pros and cons.
There are a lot of backpacks online, but what if you need something more specialized, like a range bag? This is what the G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack is for, and that alone sets it apart from other backpacks. But does it really deliver or is this just another run of the mill bag?
G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack Review
Storage and Capacity
The G.P.S. storage shows it means business. The storage cases are designed perfectly for most common handguns, and there is room for up to three magazines per case. Most of the time, you’re probably going to bring just one gun. However, it’s good to see there are three cases if you’ve got multiple firearms.
The pockets provide extra space for your ammo and other accessories. This isn’t just for guns and magazines as there is room for related gear.
The G.P.S. is compact and comfortable to carry. Even if you fill up the pockets and cases it doesn’t feel that heavy. The shoulder straps are padded and provide the necessary cushion, so you don’t feel tired.
Since this is for the firing range you won’t be carrying this over long distances. Even so, you can tell how comfortable it is compared to others. Another thing: this range bag has placed all the pockets within easy reach.
The bag has a sufficient number of pockets and cases for your guns and ammo. For extended practices, however, you’re probably going to want to add a few more pouches, and you can do that with the G.P.S. With its MOLLE straps you can attach a number of modular packs for extra magazines, water bottle and other accessories.
The expandability options for the G.P.S. are among the best I’ve seen in a range bag. Quality wise the straps are good too.
The G.P.S. is a high-quality bag. The stitching is solid all-around, including those on the pockets. The zippers are also top notch and are quiet. The MOLLE straps are not just well placed but durable too. One of the problems I have with most range bags is the MOLLE attachments just barely hang on. Fortunately, that’s not a problem here.
This range bag shouldn’t be compared to a rugged backpack, but it’s going to last if used mainly for the range.
- The high denier construction makes this a durable range bag
- The pistol sleeves are well-designed
- The zippers are of high quality
- The backing for the pistol compartments is professional grade
- Pouches are as well-made as the rest of the bag. You don’t have to worry about the pockets suddenly tearing or giving way.
- The waist strap seems superfluous. It doesn’t do any harm, but there is no need for it.
- The cases can’t hold guns larger than a Glock 34. However, this isn’t a big deal as it fits most other guns used in a firing range.
- Comes with three handgun cases complete with hard backing
- A rain shield is located near the top for quick deployment. This is one of the best features of the bag.
- Velcro loop for holding targets, pictures, etc.
- Pockets for your ammo and other paraphernalia.
- MOLLE straps for expanding the number of pouches and bags
- Solid internal frame for extra durability
- High-quality plastic buckles
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you lock this backpack?
A: You cannot lock the handgun cases, but you can zipper them up. The main compartment has a lock though. For extra precaution, you can purchase a master lock in any home improvement store.
Q: How large are the handgun cases?
A: Each pack measures 11 x 8 x 3 inches. As noted earlier, each case should fit most handguns except those the size of a 5” 1911 and larger.
Q: Is this bag waterproof?
A: The G.P.S. comes with a rain shield to protect the content. However, you must not allow the bag to get completely drenched. While the stitching is good you should still be careful.
The G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack lives up to its claim of being fit for the range. Another thing I like is its versatility. While designed mainly for the range, there’s enough room here for other items. With its sturdy built and quality stitching, I recommend this without any hesitation.Check Price on Amazon